5 Quick Tips On How To Write A Term Paper In The MLA Style
In this paper, I am going to give you some quick tips on writing a term paper using the MLA style of writing. It just so happens that I graduated from college a year ago and this style of writing was the standard we followed for all of our essays. This form of discipline is used by the majority of colleges and universities across the country.
- Layout/Setting- The following layout settings are required for MLA style of writing
- a. 12 point font
- b. Times New Roman style of font
- c. 2.0 line height- or double-spaced
- d. 1 inch margins all around
- e. No extra spacing in-between paragraphs
- a. In the upper left corner put your name, teacher’s name, course number and section, and the date- all double spaced as in the paper
- b. Double space again and center your title- Do not capitalize your entire title
This style of formatting is used widely in the educational field. It is most important that you understand that your professor is the authority on how he wants your paper written. He may give you specific instructions. It is necessary to follow them, even if they are contradictory to a certain style of writing he is requesting. At any time, it is best to ask for clarification from your professor if you are confused about how anything should be formatted. It is best to find out beforehand then to get points deducted for something as silly as not following directions.